Heroes and villains battle it out in our streets. At the end of the day, they're all exhausted. PickAxis is more than happy to give our resident Heroes and villains a place to build their fortresses and lairs. Take a break from battling your arch nemesis to build your hideout, and try your hand at winning some of the many prizes PickAxis City is giving out.
What kind of super-being will you show yourself to be with your new home; a legendary hero or an infamous villain? As an added bonus, at the conclusion of the contest, we'll reveal the total heroes and villains living among the civilians of PickAxis City! Here are the rules:
Anyone wishing to enter as a contestant should claim a plot in the Supers' Hideout Build Contest Server, accessible from the PickAxis Hub. Players can build in groups, but if the build wins a prize, contributing players must split the prize.
Contestants will have from now until November 30 at 11:59 PM EST. After that, PickAxis City will close the doors to new Supers' homes and let loose the PickAxis home inspectors to judge the hideouts of our city's heroes and villains.
Judges will choose three top builds and award the following prizes:
First Place Prize - $50 PickAxis credit
Second Place Prize - $30 PickAxis credit
Third Place Prize - $20 PickAxis credit
The winners will be announced here on PickAxis the week of December 1.
With great power comes great responsibility.
- Builds may not contain offensive content.
- All builds must be something heroes or villains would conduct their super business in. What you build, i.e. castle, cave, underground lair, sky fortress, high-tech lab, etc., is up to you. Your build should illustrate your side, good or evil. Please leave a sign explicitly stating your intended side, good or evil.
- All builds, to be considered as an official entry, must be marked completed using the command /plot done. Any builds not identified as such by the close of the contest on November 30 at 11:59 PM EST, will not be judged as an entry.
- Criteria for judging, based on a 10 point scale, are as follows: Creativity, Originality, Hideout Theme, and Design. Point totals will not be made public.
- Have fun!
- To get started and find your plot, perform the command /plot auto.
- If your entry requires elements not set as the default environment in the contest world, instructions should be placed on a sign at the border of your entry plot, facing towards the path. Elements can include a day/night element or weather. Any questions on other possible element capabilities should be messaged to helios8385 here on the forums.
- If there is a component of interaction involved with your entry, this must be EXPLICITLY and OBVIOUSLY noted on your contest plot. A sign along the outside edge of the plot, facing outwards towards the path will suffice.
- All features of a creative server are enabled, including WorldEdit, redstone functionality, and gravel/sand block physics. Any questions on how to use WorldEdit should be searched.
- Please don't bother the staff about your build.