The weather outside might be frightful, but the first PickAxis epic build contest is oh so delightful. Take a break from roasting chestnuts on an open fire (sounds hazardous anyway) and build yourself an amazing winter wonderland. Show the world your vision of an ideal winter scene!
Anyone wishing to enter as a contestant should claim a plot in the Snowed In Creative Server, accessible from the PickAxis main Hub. Players can build with other people, but if the build wins a prize, contributing players must split the prize.
Contestants will have from December 13 until January 3 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time. After that, the elves of PickAxis will select their new winter home.
Judges will choose three top builds and award the following prizes:
- First Place Prize - $50 PickAxis credit
- Second Place Prize - $30 PickAxis credit
- Third Place Prize - $20 PickAxis credit
The winners will be announced here on PickAxis the week of January 4.
- Builds cannot be offensive.
- All builds must have a holiday theme. What you build (for example: igloo, ice palace, snow village, etc.) is up to you. Your build should illustrate a winter-themed wonderland.
- All builds, to be considered as an official entry, must be marked completed using the command /plot done. Any builds not marked as completed by the close of the contest on January 4, 2015 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) will not be judged as an entry.
- Criteria for judging, based on a 10 point scale, are as follows: creativity, originality, winter theme, and design. Point totals will not be made public.
- Have fun!
- To get started and find your plot, use the command /plot auto.
- If your entry requires elements not set as the default environment in the contest world, instructions should be placed on a sign at the border of your entry plot, facing towards the path. Elements can include a day/night element or weather. Any questions on other possible element capabilities should be messaged to helios8385 here on the forums.
- If there is a component of interaction involved with your entry, this must be explicitly and obviously noted on your contest plot. A sign along the outside edge of the plot, facing outwards towards the path, will suffice.
- All features of a creative server are enabled, including WorldEdit and redstone. Any questions on how to use World Edit should be searched.
- Please don't bother the staff about your build.