We the staff of PickAxis summon the ghouls and goblins of Halloween to come celebrate the impending launch of the PickAxis Beta!
And to start the otherworldly festivities, we're holding a Halloween themed build contest with frighteningly awesome prizes. Come and build until your heart's content. Here are the rules of the event, written in ancient runes by the ghosts of the deceased:
Anyone wishing to enter as a contestant should claim a plot in the Ghastly Realms Build Contest Server, accessible from the PickAxis Hub. Players can build with other people, but if the build wins a prize, contributing players must split the prize.
Contestants will have from October 17 until October 30 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time. After that, the gates of the underworld will open, unleashing the judges of PickAxis upon the contestant's entries to select the most worthy of builds.
Judges will choose three top builds and award the following prizes, usable once the store launches:
First Place Prize - $50 PickAxis credit
Second Place Prize - $30 PickAxis credit
Third Place Prize - $20 PickAxis credit
The winners will be announced here on the PickAxis website. Be sure to watch the continuing coverage of the contest on the Geek Net and PickAxis YouTube channels now through October 31, All Hallows Eve.
- Builds cannot be offensive.
- All builds must be Halloween themed. What you build, i.e. a building, roller coaster, maze, interactive exhibit, haunted house, etc., is up to you.
- All builds, to be considered as an official entry, must be marked completed using the command /plot done. Any builds not identified as such by the close of the contest on October 30 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), will not be judged as an entry.
- Criteria for judging, based on a 10 point scale, are as follows: Creativity, Originality, Halloween Theme, and Design. Point totals will not be made public.
- Have fun and think outside the coffin!
- To get started and find your plot, perform the command /plot auto.
- If your entry requires elements not set as the default environment in the contest world, instructions should be placed on a sign at the border of your entry plot, facing towards the path. Elements can include a day/night element or weather. Any questions on other possible element capabilities should be messaged to helios8385 here on the forums.
- If there is a component of interaction involved with your entry, this must be EXPLICITLY and OBVIOUSLY noted on your contest plot. A sign along the outside edge of the plot, facing outwards towards the path, will suffice.
- All features of a creative server are enabled, including World Edit, redstone functionality, and gravel/sand block physics. Any questions on how to use World Edit should be Googled.
- Please don't bother the staff about your build.