Sign in to follow this  
ZTolerance

Best Monster Hunter Score

Hey guys,

so as you might have noticed either from in game or the recent announcement a new plugin has been added to Survival called Monster Hunter where you strive to be the best killer of hostile mobs during the night. I wanted to put a little friendly competition together to see who can end up with the best score from a single night/round.

To get started here is mine

post-326-0-60295200-1438040431_thumb.png

Player made spawn farms will not work.  I have tested it a few times already.  And just standing in my skelly spawn room does not work either.  It seems to ONLY count the randomly spawned mobs in the wild and not the ones from spawners.  Technically they are not random spawns but generated ones.

Now....a non-spawner mob farm just might work.  Have to test that out.

Player made spawn farms will not work.  I have tested it a few times already.  And just standing in my skelly spawn room does not work either.  It seems to ONLY count the randomly spawned mobs in the wild and not the ones from spawners.  Technically they are not random spawns but generated ones.

Now....a non-spawner mob farm just might work.  Have to test that out.

Programmed it for mob spawners to not let you gain points :P

Seems like something is off with monster hunt scoring.   For example just now....some of my kills did not count...couple spiders, a creeper, couple skellies.   Its like there is now a range limit when using a bow.  Sword kills are no problem but at certain ranges with a bow its hit or miss if you get the score for the kill.  It's becoming frustrating when those kills are the difference between high score and nothing at all.  Now I am good with a bow...it is my primary weapon so if I can see it I can hit it. So if just feels like bow users are seeing a restriction.

Edited by Sullear

Seems like something is off with monster hunt scoring.   For example just now....some of my kills did not count...couple spiders, a creeper, couple skellies.   Its like there is now a range limit when using a bow.  Sword kills are no problem but at certain ranges with a bow its hit or miss if you get the score for the kill.  It's becoming frustrating when those kills are the difference between high score and nothing at all.  Now I am good with a bow...it is my primary weapon so if I can see it I can hit it. So if just feels like bow users are seeing a restriction.

Mmm, I will look into it, but it checks for bows and arrows. It sounds like it might be something from bukkit/minecraft causing it. In which case I might not be able to do much of anything about it.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.