SimpleSerpent

My first few days playing.

Hello everyone,

I'm making this post to offer a few suggestions, and feedback, as well as refreshing you guys on how a new player might think of your server.

The first thing I noticed when I logged on was how awesome the community is. I had a warm welcome from the players, and the two staff that were online immediately jumped in to answer questions and give me assistance. 

For a new player, this server is very easy to understand. With the staff's help I was able to easily figure out exactly what made this server special, and how to do everything I need to do to get the max amount of fun out of it.

Here are some things I've noticed over my first few days:

1. The staff is awesome! From what I've seen so far, the staff all seem to be very mature, competent, and helpful. I've talked to a few of the staff and ever interaction was friendly and professional.

2. It seems to take a loooooong time to level up Mcmmo levels. Every other Mcmmo server that I've been on has made leveling up extremely faster and easier. Now, this may not be a bad thing, but it might dissuade some players who don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time leveling up a basic stat.

3. There is no Death, login, or leaving the server messages. I can see how people might consider this stuff spam, but I think that players would like to see when their friends join or leave, and when people die. It just adds that small but of flair to it. Your server is also the first one I've seen, other than the huge mini-games servers, that have these turned off.

4. I LOVE that to post on the forums, you need authorization from a staff member. Way too often, I have seen forums destroyed by spammers and bots, and this is the perfect way to stop that.

5. Although I have not seen many instances of this, I have noticed staff calling out players for using minor swear words. I know that children play this game, but I believe that swearing should be allowing in moderation, as long as it is not racist, sexist, or otherwise demeaning towards any group. This, of course, falls to the staff to decide what kind of server they would like this to be, but I believe you will have a small increase of older and more mature players is swearing is allowed.

Edit: Also, what is up with all the dead horses EVERYWHERE? :P

Edit Edit: I was on a server previously where when an enchanted book/item was put up for auction, putting your curser over the name of the item gave you the enchant that was on it. It would be nice if that was implemented.

Edit Edit Edit: You should also synchronize the day/nigh cycles on the mining world, so people can still compete in the monster hunt evenly when in that world.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to what you guys think! :)

-SS

Edited by SimpleSerpent
Adding another question.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Here are my responses to you:

1) Thank you!  I think our staff are exceptional, as well.  I enjoy playing with each of them.

2) We've done a lot of tweaking for McMMO levels.  We made it harder to level up because when we first set a level cap, the majority of players were all capped out within a week or two.  If this continues to be an issue, bring it up again in a few weeks and perhaps we can take another look at it.

3) Most login and leave messages are pretty annoying, at least in my opinion.  Ask around and if this is something a lot of you would like, we can revisit this in the future too. I do really want death messages.  I'll bring this up with @NickG365

4) I like this too, even though it keeps some people from posting initially.  I think it's a good solution to keep trolls and crap out of the forums.

5) Swearing is ok, in moderation, as long as it's not bothering players and is not disrespectful. This is not a G-rated server, but definitely not an R-rated server.  Keep it fun.

Edit 1: The dead horses are from the 1.9 update and the horsemen who spawn.  I think people just aren't killing the horses after they kill the horsemen.

Edit 2: You can use /auc info to learn the same thing.  Unfortunately, I don't think the auction plugin currently allows for the hovering option.

Edit 3: I'll talk to Nick about this.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.