Sign in to follow this  
_Casanova

[_Casanovas Helpful Hints] #1 Iron farms

Welcome to my first installment of hints that I have picked up over the years about skyblock. Some of these you may already know, though I hope you all find something useful in the things I know :D

Iron Farms 101: Farms that make iron (Who knew!?)

First off with the basics: Iron farms consist of doors, a platform to catch iron golems, and last but not least, villagers. 

It takes 10 villagers before iron golems will start to spawn, most iron farms have 4 cells with 4 villagers in them each for 16 villagers. Anywhere between 10-20 will make a golem.. when ever it wants.

Here is a link to a standard iron farm (Note to self: don't forget to insert the link here)

Now there are a bunch of different types of iron farms you can make, simple Google search will give you more than enough to work with.

Im sure a lot of you already know how to build iron farms, pretty simple concept, but do you know exactly how close/far away from each other they can be without them merging? If you do, congrats! If not, well yeah, keep reading.

Iron farms need to be a certain distance away from each other or they will merge and you wont see much (if any) iron. So the first thing most people want to do is to stack them, one on top of another, which can be done if you have AT LEAST 70 blocks between the top of a door on the lower iron farm and bottom of a door on the upper farm. (don't let that confuse you) 70 blocks vertically (up and down)! So yeah, don't forget... 70 blocks on the Y axis (still up and down) Which is very good news, if you do this right you can fit up to 4 iron farms on top of each other in skyblock

Okay now that is taken care of, how about if you wanted to place them in the corners of your island? can it be done? Short answer is yes.. long answer is also yes. Hooray! Okay so If you wanted to place them side by side they have to be AT MINIMUM 64 blocks between any of the 2 closest doors. Can I stress the IN BETWEEN part again? if there is not 64 spaces in between the doors, then guess what? they just merged and you messed up... congrats! Destroy the doors and start again.. noob. 

So lets recap. 70 blocks MINIMUM between doors on the Y axis (up and down) and 64 blocks on the X or Z axis (side to side). 

^this is the main point I wanted to make. 

I hope this tip (No sway) has helped you a little bit. I will try to post my brain matter here on a regular basis to halp with skyblox.

Feel free to comment openly

-Casanova

just a quick tip but i dont think you can stack iron farms on our skyblock because its only 25 mobs per chunk. Correct me if im wrong of course

Just make sure each villager cell is in a seperate chunk. 4 villager a cell, 4 max iron farms in a column, 16 villagers, room for 9 more passive mobs.  B)

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.