Sign in to follow this  
Donov

My 2 Cents

Just thought I'd give you guys my opinions after playing for a few hours.

1. It rains way too much, this is governed by how oftern players sleep, and on this server thats... never... would be cool if the frequency of rain was reduced or some other way of stopping the rain was added.

2. $7500 is a lot of money for a new player to get together in a reasonable amount of time... I'd like to have built more then just a massive farm in my first few hours... Locked chests are cool but theres no chance of me setting up towny any time soon, which means I dont feel safe building stuff... Obviously once you're setup, farming money is pretty easy anyway.

3. The /wild command is very useful to get people started quickly. I used it to find and setup a small base, couple of issues... Using the command I came across a lot of other peoples houses / bases, most of which werent protected. Also yea I have a base setup but it would be very very hard to invite me friends on and get them to quickly come join me... From what I can tell it would be a case of saying "heres my coords, goodluck"

4. Lag and general bugs, the lag for a new server isnt bad, the occasional block reappearing and moving back a couple of steps. Nothing major. There is an excessive number of lighting glitches, and chunks not loading in properly. I've not seen the lighting glitch over a full pool of lava before... pretty interesting.

--

Solutions

1. Reduce the frequency of rain.

2. Reduce the cost of Towny, or make it so newer players can make money easier.

3. Add a was for new players to teleport to existing players.

4. Wait for 1.8 where most of this is fixed :D

1.  It's the weather.  The rain doesn't really bother me.

2.  Several people have managed to create towns already and the server has only been open about a month.  It's supposed to be a challenge and you have to work for it.   My suggestion would be to join a town until you save enough money to create your own. 

3.  There are tpa commands in game so your friends could teleport to you.  As far as /wild, it would help if players knew not to build right on the spot that they landed and ran some distance away before building.

Edited by sica

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the rain with optifine.

The price of creating a town seems fair, It's just very hard right now due to the lack of ways to get money at the moment, well that and the players. It will be easier as the game progresses past beta.

The /wild command i "think" is already being worked on, it has been suggested before.

As for 1.8, we will see what happens, I wouldnt worry about it.

1. Cant do much about the weather, it seems fine to me. Ive played on many servers and honestly it's the same, rain etc hasn't been modified its pure vanilla.

2. As Sica suggested above, creating town is a challenge and challenges are fun, Yes 7500 is a lot but think about the end result and the accomplishment and satisfactory. It seems like you're worried about getting griefed, I suggest you join a town and ask a mayor to add you in. Your plot will be protected with your build. also i would like to note that we have Prism on survival, we could easily Rollback your house / farm. Either post it on forums for help or ask a staff online if you get griefed.

3. There are /Tpa and /Tpahere which are accessible for players.

/Tpa [username] - Sends a request for you to teleport to a player

/Tpahere [username] sends request for players to teleport to your location.

4. Yes there are lags here and there, i use optifine now and i hardly ever block lag and i get prob 20-50fps

I would also like to thank your honest opinions and suggestions for the server (:

people like you are amazing which helps the server out. if you need help or have any questions please dont be afraid to post on the Pickaxis forums.

Edited by Dansors

1. It rains way too much, this is governed by how oftern players sleep, and on this server thats... never... would be cool if the frequency of rain was reduced or some other way of stopping the rain was added.

You can use optifine if you dislike the rain and other features of vanilla minecraft.

2. $7500 is a lot of money for a new player to get together in a reasonable amount of time... I'd like to have built more then just a massive farm in my first few hours... Locked chests are cool but theres no chance of me setting up towny any time soon, which means I dont feel safe building stuff... Obviously once you're setup, farming money is pretty easy anyway.

We have a pretty solid block logging system, so not having a town to protect your home should not be an issue. Also, the economy isn't meant to be anything like every other server out there. It's not supposed to be easy to make boatloads of cash in a short period of time. From past experience, having an easy economy ruins the point of having one in the first place.

3. The /wild command is very useful to get people started quickly. I used it to find and setup a small base, couple of issues... Using the command I came across a lot of other peoples houses / bases, most of which werent protected. Also yea I have a base setup but it would be very very hard to invite me friends on and get them to quickly come join me... From what I can tell it would be a case of saying "heres my coords, goodluck"
/wild can be changed to allow a larger radius of teleportation so you don't end up at someone elses home. There's also a teleportation system (/tpa <player>)
4. Lag and general bugs, the lag for a new server isnt bad, the occasional block reappearing and moving back a couple of steps. Nothing major. There is an excessive number of lighting glitches, and chunks not loading in properly. I've not seen the lighting glitch over a full pool of lava before... pretty interesting.

That's not lag, most likely our anti cheating plugin thinking you're breaking blocks too fast because you have a high ping to the server. It can be adjusted to compensate for players like you, just needs to be brought to our attention. :)

Additional Bug:

I've come across 2 zombie dungoens in the past few days, the zombies that spawn specifically from the dungeon spawners are non agressive and dont move even when attacked.

Additional Bug:

I've come across 2 zombie dungoens in the past few days, the zombies that spawn specifically from the dungeon spawners are non agressive and dont move even when attacked.

Mobs that spawn from spawners are actually nerfed. That was done intentionally. Most people will only use these things for mob grinders, so i decided to nerf them to spare the extra processing power.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.