Sign in to follow this  
Tripleskit

Boost Experience Earned

Boost experience earned to encourage leveling. Looking at skills, they are very slow to level up and doing so is not very rewarding for the time put into it. By the time you reach certain levels to unlock aspects of that skill, it becomes irrelevant due to the progress you have already made in the game (this is can be seen drastically with skills such as herbal-ism or fishing, where well over a hundreds hours of grinding needs to be done to reach milestones and small bonuses. These would be okay if the leveling system were faster, and thus more engaging to the player, but at the current moment it just feels like something in the background and not really worth delving into any sort of grinding.

TL;DR Very big grind for small payoff, make grind shorter and more rewarding as a result. Even cutting skills in half leaves hundreds of hours to grind.

I agree that the time required to grind experience for those skills is rather high right now.  Originally, the plan was to have those levels as more of a leaderboard than anything--skills weren't even in the plans when the experience curves were set.

I think one option is to move the skills down to a lower level with minimal (if any) modifications to the experience curve.  That way, you'll gain something useful earlier on, but can continue to increase its benefits with extended use.  Additionally, that maintains the leaderboard-style rankings that are already in place.

1 hour ago, NickG365 said:

I agree that the time required to grind experience for those skills is rather high right now.  Originally, the plan was to have those levels as more of a leaderboard than anything--skills weren't even in the plans when the experience curves were set.

I think one option is to move the skills down to a lower level with minimal (if any) modifications to the experience curve.  That way, you'll gain something useful earlier on, but can continue to increase its benefits with extended use.  Additionally, that maintains the leaderboard-style rankings that are already in place.

I like this idea.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.