Guest Creepliss

Creepers

Guest Creepliss

So i know that Creepers don't destroy blocks in the survival world and that's good i think it makes the world look good and prevents houses from getting destroyed. HOWEVER it would be cool if Creepers had the right to destroy blocks in the mining world. i think it could be helpful in so many ways like getting rid of moving stone out of the way or even dirt or gravel. i once even had a Creeper find me a HUGE cave. so if possible i think this would be really cool for the mining world also if Creepers explode it wouldn't last forever since the world resets every month.

Thanks for reading!

-Creepliss

Personally I think this is a really interesting idea and find some appeal to it. My only concern with this is that while destroying blocks that some may seem to be annoying and useless it will also destroy resources like gold, iron, diamond, and such. This would be a side effect of exploding blocks that I believe many players would dislike. However, to give my personal opinion I like the idea and would be interested in hearing what others have to say about it. I think it would make mining very interesting and harder for those that find it too easy. It would also give it a kick for those that want more excitement out of the game. With a creeper being able to explode blocks there would be the possibility of the ceiling exploding and lava falling on your head if you mine at a level lower than 11. If you mine at 11 you could lose your ground and fall into lava. Really with this change the possibilities are endless. 

22 hours ago, Creepliss said:

HOWEVER it would be cool if Creepers had the right to destroy blocks in the mining world.

22 hours ago, _SammyBaer said:

My only concern with this is that while destroying blocks that some may seem to be annoying and useless it will also destroy resources like gold, iron, diamond, and such.

you both have very good points! however i think it should stay the same as it is now. the reason i say this is that once you get high enough lvl in mining skill you get buffs that make TNT blast mining better than using creepers. there is also a way to set the creeper to destroy blocks below sea lvl and not above sea lvl. that may be something to consider as well. feel free to pm me in game or reply to this post if you would like to add or dispute anything i have said.

Guest Creepliss
On 5/16/2016 at 2:54 PM, TheDUDE said:

you both have very good points! however i think it should stay the same as it is now. the reason i say this is that once you get high enough lvl in mining skill you get buffs that make TNT blast mining better than using creepers. there is also a way to set the creeper to destroy blocks below sea lvl and not above sea lvl. that may be something to consider as well. feel free to pm me in game or reply to this post if you would like to add or dispute anything i have said.

i think it is a good idea to have them explode below sea level...thanks for replying!

Ok so I like the premise of the idea as it is, although I do have a couple of bits I need to add in:

1) I do not think that it is fully feasible to have creepers "turned on" in just one of the worlds, I have a feeling that without some additional code being written (which would get added to a backlog) it would be all or nothing.

2) I am not a massive fan of no block damage from creepers... Dirt, sand and other land tile I think it is a good idea, but man made structures or wood, brick etc building should be allowed to be damaged

there are ways to setup(config) essentials for creepers to work on individual worlds as well as max height for block destruction. there are a lot of different plugins for mob control as well.

here i took this right from the config file. sections in white refer to the creeper settings.

############################################################

# +------------------------------------------------------+ #

# |                 EssentialsProtect                    | #

# +------------------------------------------------------+ #

############################################################

# This section requires the EssentialsProtect.jar to work.

protect:

# General physics/behavior modifications.

prevent:

lava-flow: false

water-flow: false

water-bucket-flow: false

fire-spread: true

lava-fire-spread: true

flint-fire: false

lightning-fire-spread: true

portal-creation: false

tnt-explosion: false

tnt-playerdamage: false

tnt-minecart-explosion: false

tnt-minecart-playerdamage: false

fireball-explosion: false

fireball-fire: false

fireball-playerdamage: false

witherskull-explosion: false

witherskull-playerdamage: false

wither-spawnexplosion: false

wither-blockreplace: false

creeper-explosion: false

creeper-playerdamage: false

creeper-blockdamage: false

enderdragon-blockdamage: true

enderman-pickup: false

villager-death: false

# Monsters won't follow players.

# permission essentials.protect.entitytarget.bypass disables this.

entitytarget: false

# Prevent the spawning of creatures.

spawn:

creeper: false

skeleton: false

spider: false

giant: false

zombie: false

slime: false

ghast: false

pig_zombie: false

enderman: false

cave_spider: false

silverfish: false

blaze: false

magma_cube: false

ender_dragon: false

pig: false

sheep: false

cow: false

chicken: false

squid: false

wolf: false

mushroom_cow: false

snowman: false

ocelot: false

iron_golem: false

villager: false

wither: false

bat: false

witch: false

horse: false

# Maximum height the creeper should explode. -1 allows them to explode everywhere.

# Set prevent.creeper-explosion to true, if you want to disable creeper explosions.

creeper:

max-height: -1

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.