Sign in to follow this  
NickG365

Announcing the Dirt Build Contest!

2_DirtBuildContest.png

The latest and greatest PickAxis build contest has arrived!  Get ready to build the most awe-inspiring and magnificent creation of your life... with tons of dirt!  That's right, it's the Dirt Build Contest!

Now through the end of the day on April 7th, let your creativity run wild!  Just jump onto the build contest server (/server buildcontest), claim a plot (/plot auto), build something awesome, and submit it (/plot done) before building ends on April 7th!  We'll announce the winners a few days after that.

Speaking of winners, check out the prizes for this contest:

1st place
40 Coins
2nd place
30 Coins
3rd place
20 Coins

And of course, don't forget the bragging rights to having the awesomest* and most marvelous dirt creation!  Sometimes it's more fun to build as a team, so we've got you covered!  Teams can split the prize and glory!**

So, let's talk rules.  Yeah, we've gotta.  I know, I know... I'll make this quick.  First, don't go off and build anything offensive!  I don't want to end up having to disqualify dirt-y builds.  Second, make sure that your build looks like it's made of at least 75% dirt.  This can be any kind of dirt, whatever your heart desires!  Be sure to submit your plot with /plot done when you're finished, so that we can find it for judging!  Oh, and we'll be judging based on creativity, originality, design, and adherence to the use-a-lot-of-dirt rule.

So what are you waiting for?!  Get out there and build something awesome!

* "Awesomest" isn't a real word, but if it were, that would be pretty awesome!  It's totally the kind of word we'd use to describe really cool things made of dirt.
** We're not sure how splitting glory works, but we've been assured it can be done without even needing any power tools (we typically use a saw to split the coin rewards).

April Fools'! But hey, this is an actual contest, so get to building!

View full announcement

1 minute ago, r4ans0m said:

can we use other things than dirt... say a little stone?

Yep!  It just needs to look like it's made of at least 75% dirt -- the other 25% is up to you!

1 minute ago, NickG365 said:

Yep!  It just needs to look like it's made of at least 75% dirt -- the other 25% is up to you!

ok... thx

I have a suggestion, next build contest or what not, can you please be more specific of the deadline times? I didnt realize it was PST until 2-3 ours before midnight EST. quite frustrating to say the least. Thanks. 

I also have a suggestion...... could you make the plots a little larger? I know it is asking a lot but hey...... it would be cool with a bigger plot....

Sorry for the delay!  The winners will be announced by the end of this week.  There were a lot of cool entries -- it's awesome seeing the interesting ways everyone worked mass quantities of dirt into their builds!

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.