HOOOSK

Husker's To-Do List (feel free to add to it!)

This is my to-do list. Feel free to add recommendations to it. The things on the list are for me to explore doing, not guaranteed to happen. 

The purpose of this list serves 3 needs:

1) To help me remember what to do

2) For your visibility

3) For you to help contribute ideas

Husker's To-Do's:

• Add new challenges to Skyblock (ones written by Snowball)
  • Update & post Challenges spreadsheet on the forums
  • Add new challenges to Survival (get from ZTolerance)
  • Remove unneeded Announcer messages
  • Create a store to buy PickAxis apparel and swag
  • Add peaceful Skyblock mob world, would cost $ to enter
  • Add /modreq or /report for players needing help
  • Give players a reward for subscribing to Twitch/Twitter/YouTube
  • Make server pages on the website
  • Add schematic-making to creative (maybe to Skyblock & Survival)
  • Find new auction plugin
  • Skygrid: Plan out token shop
  • Skygrid: Plan out coin shop
  • Skygrid: Exchange ProtectionStones for GriefPrevention
  • Skygrid: Fill out config for GriefPrevention
  • Skygrid: Revisit Generator config (fewer chests/spawners)
  • Skygrid: Define launch plan & write up announcement
  • Ask Nick about ability to reset challenges on Skyblock/Survival
  • Find out how long it will be until we can color chat in-game again
  • Add /recipe to Skyblock
  • Get list of token shop additions for Skyblock, from Meg

Husker's To-Done's:

• Take a shower
  • Put on clothes
  • Add your Skygrid to-do's to this list  :)
  • Add villager and horse eggs to Survival store (very bottom of /warp Market)
  • Make sure "Finale" challenge in Survival is not glitched (it's not glitched...you can only do this challenge once)

-More build contests

-Add Skygrid

-Update creative to 1.8

-Sacrifice Bill in an attempt to lessen lag

-Add more voting websites (preferably ones that don't require clicking many pictures)

-Add an adventure map

-Update ranks and permissions so guides can actually do things =P

-Promote benpenguin2 to owner

-Do a campaign that if a player on the server brings a friend on and they play for a certain amount of time, they will both get some form of reward (the certain amount of time is to stop people from bringing their friends on and never playing and the idea overall is to just get more players involved in this awesome community)

-Add an adventure map

-Add prison

-Maybe try a partnership with another server, introduce the communities to each other, do events and maybe live streams together (grow both player bases)

-Add UHC competition, different than hardcore, these will be like the ones many youtubers have where they are either in teams or by themselves and fight to be the last one standing

-Add a pickaxis store full of shirts and stuff

-Rent portal's services for money

-Add a server full of plugins and custom plugins to essentially create a modded minecraft game (maybe something like how to minecraft 2 server)

-On skyblock create a peaceful mob arena that is always in day time (unlike the current one that is only night time) but charge players money whenever they go there like the nether and end

-Add a /modreq or /report for players to use if they need help or if someone is doing something wrong

-Have coolpig for dinner

-Give players something special for their birthday

-Players that subscribe to the pickaxis twitch or any staff member twitch should receive special server perks

-Include a separate tab (the ones that say "home" "forums" "vote" "shop" "more") that says guides and in there have a subsection for every server, in those subsections include important and helpful information such as, skyblock block point numbers, ender's towny guide, information on plot size and world edit for creative and build contests (such as item ids), and more

-Demote collin to newb

-Make the revered rank an in game one (I miss having a tag and color to my name xD)

-Add /baltop to servers

(All I can think of at the moment)

Edited by benpenguin2

-More...

-More build contests :: We've been doing one every 2 months.  Is that good timing?  More often?

-Add Skygrid :: It's coming. Nick and I have had a lot going on recently.  I lost a parent and am just getting back to things and now Nick has had some stuff come up. We're almost done!  Promise! I'll add my Skygrid to-do's to the list above.

-Update creative to 1.8 :: It already is, isn't it?

-Sacrifice Bill in an attempt to lessen lag :: Done

-Add more voting websites (preferably ones that don't require clicking many pictures) :: The ones we have are the ones that cause the least amount of issues. We've tried others but they couldn't be trusted...had to move on from them. If you have more sites, please list them and we'll give them a go.

-Add an adventure map :: There are plans in the works ;) but they are far off. Do you have ideas that could be added simply to a somewhat vanilla server? Let me know. We could do something in the meantime that would be fun!

-Update ranks and permissions so guides can actually do things =P :: Talked to Nick about fixing this last night. Again, he's got some stuff to work through right now and then these should be added shortly.

-Promote benpenguin2 to owner :: Tried, but the machines broke. Don't know how to fix that bug.

-Do a campaign that if a player on the server brings a friend on and they play for a certain amount of time, they will both get some form of reward (the certain amount of time is to stop people from bringing their friends on and never playing and the idea overall is to just get more players involved in this awesome community) :: We have plans for this, but Nick only stretches so far. When he gets his to-do list a little cleaner, this will be a thing.

-Add an adventure map :: See above...also are there any out there that can be multiplayer and already exist? LMK

-Add prison :: Will come after Skygrid.  It's already planned and being built. It's gonna be different from any other Prison server you've ever played...hopefully more fun, too.

-Maybe try a partnership with another server, introduce the communities to each other, do events and maybe live streams together (grow both player bases) :: I will consider this. Not sure what would be required of us though.

-Add UHC competition, different than hardcore, these will be like the ones many youtubers have where they are either in teams or by themselves and fight to be the last one standing :: Would LOVE to have these, but we need more people!  Help!

-Add a pickaxis store full of shirts and stuff :: Nick's wanted to do this for a long time. I'll add it to my list.

-Rent portal's services for money :: We already do

-Add a server full of plugins and custom plugins to essentially create a modded minecraft game (maybe something like how to minecraft 2 server) :: Mock together your dream setup. This may be possible, but I need your brainpower.

-On skyblock create a peaceful mob arena that is always in day time (unlike the current one that is only night time) but charge players money whenever they go there like the nether and end :: This is a really good idea.  I'll put it on my list of things to do/consider.

-Add a /modreq or /report for players to use if they need help or if someone is doing something wrong :: Will also add this to my list.

-Have coolpig for dinner :: I invited him, but he denied my request.

-Give players something special for their birthday :: I would love to. I don't have everyone's birthday though.

-Players that subscribe to the pickaxis twitch or any staff member twitch should receive special server perks :: I will add this to my list, too.

-Include a separate tab (the ones that say "home" "forums" "vote" "shop" "more") that says guides and in there have a subsection for every server, in those subsections include important and helpful information such as, skyblock block point numbers, ender's towny guide, information on plot size and world edit for creative and build contests (such as item ids), and more :: This is already being worked on by Bill & UnicornHorn. I'll add it to my list to make the pages ready for them.

-Demote collin to newb :: Internal server error.

-Make the revered rank an in game one (I miss having a tag and color to my name xD) :: I'll bring this up in discussion with Nick.

-Add /baltop to servers :: We could, but we need to see how much it reks the servers.  This command has been known to bring a server to it's knees easily.

(All I can think of at the moment) :: THANK YOU! Your suggestions are always appreciated.  Please continue to update them here when you have more....make a new post though so I don't miss them. :D

- get a minigames stuffs to get some coders around coding for PA :: This is Nick's project this year. It's coming! Harbor him. :)

- add a donor perk to skyblock and creative for world edit schematic extraction of the plot :: I like this and it's possible to do. We'll explore it and I'll add it to my list to explore.

THANK YOU!

@huskergirl, i know adventure maps can be turned into server wise adventure maps, if for the better lack of the minigames plugin i almost did it myself with KOTS (kingdom of the sky) < very awesome one. You could do this if you could say make a plugin that loads a schematic back on the played map or you could grid it out

Here's another thing to think about, i have been thinking the mining nether and end worlds get reset every so often. THus deleting all chunks.

Loading new chunks laggs en the server obviously doesnt like it. I know that the worldborder plugin can set a border and preload all chunks in it.

Is this an option to do for resets? Or does this make maps to big so they lagg even ore.

It would atleast fix the new chunks laod lagg as the chunks have been generated already!

-More build contests :: We've been doing one every 2 months.  Is that good timing?  More often? :: It feels longer than that =P so yeah, maybe more often, like every month.

-Update creative to 1.8 :: It already is, isn't it? :: Really? huh, guess that happened while I wasn't on minecraft in July.

-Add more voting websites (preferably ones that don't require clicking many pictures) :: The ones we have are the ones that cause the least amount of issues. We've tried others but they couldn't be trusted...had to move on from them. If you have more sites, please list them and we'll give them a go. :: I find that mineservers.com theminecraftindex.com funminecraftservers.com and minetrack.net are all good voting websites in my opinion.

-Add an adventure map :: There are plans in the works ;) but they are far off. Do you have ideas that could be added simply to a somewhat vanilla server? Let me know. We could do something in the meantime that would be fun! :: See below...also if we were to get one I suggest diversity 2 be one of them.

-Promote benpenguin2 to owner :: Tried, but the machines broke. Don't know how to fix that bug. :: That stinks.

-Do a campaign that if a player on the server brings a friend on and they play for a certain amount of time, they will both get some form of reward (the certain amount of time is to stop people from bringing their friends on and never playing and the idea overall is to just get more players involved in this awesome community) :: We have plans for this, but Nick only stretches so far. When he gets his to-do list a little cleaner, this will be a thing. :: Put Nick on one of those medieval torture devices that stretch people, that way he can stretch more. 

-Add an adventure map :: See above...also are there any out there that can be multiplayer and already exist? LMK :: Whoops lol, put that twice. I think some big server has adventure maps either like hypixel or mineplex, I don't remember but I can look into it more when I get the chance.

-Maybe try a partnership with another server, introduce the communities to each other, do events and maybe live streams together (grow both player bases) :: I will consider this. Not sure what would be required of us though. :: Yeah, me neither, but I think a good server to partner with might be dark and avery's. 

-Add UHC competition, different than hardcore, these will be like the ones many youtubers have where they are either in teams or by themselves and fight to be the last one standing :: Would LOVE to have these, but we need more people!  Help! :: I'll try! Don't worry!

-Rent portal's services for money :: We already do :: Does he know or do you just like send him more work and don't specify what it is for? xD

-Add a server full of plugins and custom plugins to essentially create a modded minecraft game (maybe something like how to minecraft 2 server) :: Mock together your dream setup. This may be possible, but I need your brainpower. :: Alright, I'll do some work on that if I ever get the chance. 

-Give players something special for their birthday :: I would love to. I don't have everyone's birthday though. :: You could take the ones you do have from the forums and have a post saying if you put your birthday in you will get something special, whether it is something in game or just like an announcement post dedicated to just them.

-Include a separate tab (the ones that say "home" "forums" "vote" "shop" "more") that says guides and in there have a subsection for every server, in those subsections include important and helpful information such as, skyblock block point numbers, ender's towny guide, information on plot size and world edit for creative and build contests (such as item ids), and more :: This is already being worked on by Bill & UnicornHorn. I'll add it to my list to make the pages ready for them. :: Awesome, if you want any help with that just let me know ^_^.

-Demote collin to newb :: Internal server error. :: system reboot =P.

-Make the revered rank an in game one (I miss having a tag and color to my name xD) :: I'll bring this up in discussion with Nick. :: yay XD.

-Add /baltop to servers :: We could, but we need to see how much it reks the servers.  This command has been known to bring a server to it's knees easily. :: Oh, that's not good.

(All I can think of at the moment) :: THANK YOU! Your suggestions are always appreciated.  Please continue to update them here when you have more....make a new post though so I don't miss them. :D :: No problem and will do! :D

Why don't colors show after I post it? They show in the editor.

Edited by benpenguin2

#1 Make yourself a coffee and relax 

#2 Smile 

#3 Know that you and nick have people around to help you superhumans out

I know we've got you great people around us.  We are very thankful for that.

We are also relaxed, don't worry!  Minecraft time is my relax time.

I just want to make a list so I don't forget great recommendations as they come through...I'm very forgetful because there's always too much on my mind from the other parts of my day.

-Sacrifice Bill in an attempt to lessen lag :: Done

- Revive Bill.

- Bill is now sad he was sacrificed so easily without thought :'(

- Add Bill to other projects needed in programming for PickAxis?

- Revive Bill.

- Re-sacrifice Bill just for fun

- Promote Meg to Sexy Beast

- Eventually add the ability to reset challenges on Skyblock (Skygrid is obvi most important though)

- Is color chat an option in game? Or the ability to have colored text on the website? Or would that be too annoying to see?

- Let Meg know if she can help in any way   :P

- Add recipe to Skyblock (a new token or rank perk maybe?)

- Add more options for purchase in token shop (maybe some tools, like a God pick)

- Mail Meg a new, working ankle

All I can think of for now! But I'll be back!   B)

-  Re-sacrifice Bill just for fun :: Don't want to drive him away!

- Promote Meg to Sexy Beast :: Gosh, these internal server errors just don't let me do anything fun ;)

- Eventually add the ability to reset challenges on Skyblock (Skygrid is obvi most important though) :: We're going to switch to a new system to do challenges here very soon. This may be an option once we do that. I'll put it on my list to remind me to ask Nick about it.

- Is color chat an option in game? Or the ability to have colored text on the website? Or would that be too annoying to see? :: In game it's possible and we once had it. We made our own chat plugin recently and still need to add that ability to it. I'll add it to our long-term to-do list.

- Let Meg know if she can help in any way    :P :: Take a look at the to-do list.  If there's anything you ever want to take off the list, just holla.  I'll give you what you need to help. :)  Thank you!

- Add recipe to Skyblock (a new token or rank perk maybe?) :: Added to my list.

- Add more options for purchase in token shop (maybe some tools, like a God pick) :: Send me, privately if possible, your list of what should be in the token shop. I would love your brain power to help come up with ideas.

- Mail Meg a new, working ankle :: Already been on the wait list for years. They seem to have a shortage. :'(

THANK YOU!

-Promote Untypical to Gopher (as in go pher this, go for that) :)

-Create an army of minions that will be able to work on projects while you are at work

-Monthly challenges on survival like on sky block???

-Fly to Untypical's house and check out her new furniture! (also be fed amazing food that Untypical will cook so that she is not cooking for herself)

-Make a Forum page for the CAH deck, or a game page all together, find other quick easy games members can play together, (I may work on this when I get back if given permission)

-Temp ban anyone who votes more then Untypical so that she can get Coins to be obsidian rank

-Forum page of "who's who, Staff and what they do" (understandable potential issues when it comes to stating who all staff is, but it would be important to have an easy access break down of what each staff member can and can't do. Also what does the TV mean in front of some people's name ect. ect.)

- Give donor's kits (Inculed tools for skyblock, survival etc.)

- Donator shops?

- Add more items to the current shops in survival and skyblock

- More donator stuff in general

- Vote crates

Well then o-o I know something to add

Survival ideas? :D

Silktouch spawners on minecraft (Maybe a token shop buy thingy for like 800-10000)

/fly for donators? :D

More items in the market

10k added to Kiro's /bal

A "Huskers Flower Shop" in spawn o-o

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.