Sign in to follow this  
TypicallyUntypical

Completely new to Multiplayer Minecraft

Hi everyone, I'm typically Untypical, or you can just call me Typi, or on the server I'm Untypical. I am both excited and super nervous, one of my friends said this is a really friendly site and server and I've never played Multiplayer Minecraft so I'm looking forward to it. 

I'm 23, I've only been playing minecraft for about a year now and I'm not super creative but I love trying to make redstone contraptions. 

Welcome to PickAxis Typi!

This is a great place to start your multiplayer Minecraft life as it has such a great community. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and supportive. If you're ever on Skyblock, I'll be hanging around. Feel free to say hi or let me know if you have any questions. But most of all, have fun!  :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Do you know if there are guides or anything just to tell me what not to do. Such as I noticed in normal survival that it tells me I can't mine in that area but I'm not really sure how to get to where I can start mining. 

For survival there is a world dedicated to resource collecting (/warp mining) and you have to go out a bit you will now when you are there because it says: " You are now leaving the mining world spawn. " 

I bite all the time!, and there are quite a few guides hopefully there will always be one on, but sometimes thats not the case because of different timezones, but if you have teamspeak there is almost always staff on there!

For survival there is a world dedicated to resource collecting (/warp mining) and you have to go out a bit you will now when you are there because it says: " You are now leaving the mining world spawn. " 

Thank you, I figured that out today, now I'm running into questions about homes. Do I just pick a random plot of land and say, "This is mine!" though I'm sure it's more sophisticated then that, or do I talk to someone about it first?

I bite all the time!, and there are quite a few guides hopefully there will always be one on, but sometimes thats not the case because of different timezones, but if you have teamspeak there is almost always staff on there!

As long as you don't bite hard I don't mind :) Also do I just raise my hand and say I need an adult or how would I ask for the help of a guide?

Edited by TypicallyUntypical

For homes you can pick a random plot of land, like you said, or you can join a town (or make one!) 

Don't forget when setting a home use the command /sethome (name of home)

I am in game a lot on Survival so if you need help just give a yell.  Welcome to the fun.    :D

Will do, thank you thank you, If I need help I will definitely take you up on that.

Welcome to Pickaxis Typi! I'm usually on Skyblock, if you're ever on there I'll be glad to help you get started  :D

As soon as I feel comfortable with Survival I'm going to give sky block a try. I will let you know when I'm there.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.