Sign in to follow this  
pokeball92870

A Rant About New Ideas for Pickaxis

• Hold a building contest for high tier prisons like X-Z

Now you may be wondering- why only X-Z? Well first of all, I was thinking that since Prison is really far into development that the prisons mines have already been built, it would be impractical for a BC on all ranks because it takes a long time to import them into the map. Second- it gives the prison a sense of community. Not only do you get a nice prison to go along with all your grindy work, but it makes the prison unique in a way that staff weren't the only people to help build the server up from the ashes. Just an idea :D

• Revive the PA Weekly Updates (if you still do them I can't find em lol)

PA Weekly Updates are another way to get the community informed of all the 'brand-spankingly new' things popping up on the servers here in PickAxis. I like having all the updates in a quick and concise 3-5 minute video instead of blog posts on the front page (but hey, I still read it anyways).

• This gamemode where you shoot mobs out of your bow to kill other players (I came up with in 5 minutes :P) (also have fun coding)

So basically, the idea is that players shoot mobs out of their bows (sounds stupidly fun as I type it out). There are different classes, some of which you automatically get, and some of which that can be unlocked through points you get from kills, voting tokens, even donating. Each class gets ammunition depending on the characteristics of their mobs (so for example, creepers can get less ammo because they explode, whereas zombies can get more ammo, because they have to hit opposing players [this can also be the other way around]). As you get better and better at the game, you can upgrade your classes (dang it sounds like COD) with the money/tokens you accumulate. These upgrades can range from more mobs being shot per shot, more ammo, faster/stronger/tankier mobs, etc. Then you can have people make some community maps in building contests. I literally did this in 5 minutes, but it sounds like fun as I picture it in my mind. Constructive criticism down below plz :D.

• An incentive to play Skywars (or just remove it)

I'm a bit sad that no one seems to be on Skywars- after all it's my favorite gamemode. But seriously, if no one is using, why does it exist? Between the players and the server, a non-functioning gamemode just creates more latency that really isn't needed at all. Bring back Skywars when there is a big enough audience to support it- otherwise what is it doing there?

• A sixth voting site

If there is one thing I love, it's free stuff. Voting is like getting free stuff, except for the fact that the distributor gains somehting back. Adding an additional voting site not only advertises the server on another website, but it also gives new players a greater incentive to vote (who knows, maybe 50 tokens isn't enough). Now I know this messes up the token economy quite a bit, as players would get 1.2x the amount of tokens as they normally get per day. But the exposure on another site could *possibly* be the difference of 6 dedicated players vs. 5. It's all a risk and reward.

Adding more as time goes by. Don't be afraid to suggest below. Stay tuned!

Edited by pokeball92870

A sixth voting site isn't a bad idea, and I believe we actually did have a sixth for a short time. However, we feel that 5 is a better limit so that you guys don't get worn out from voting. We are considering some other methods for awarding tokens on a daily basis though.

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.