Sign in to follow this  
ZTolerance

Why don't you like Hardcore survival?

Hardcore survival is the server that I have been waiting for for so very long!

Yeah survival is good, but is it really survival? Who are you surviving against?, mobs... they are easy to kill and to prevent spawning.

Hardcore survival is challenging. You can build underground or overgrown, make traps for other players. You can find other bases and raid them. If you get raided then you can try again to build a base with more protection, or traps. And if your stuff gets pinched you can mine some more... there are always more diamonds down there... nothing to cry over.

I am loving this server so much! It would be so cool if we could get more players on the server.

What puts you off playing hardcore?

Are there any changes that could be to make it more appealing to you?

If I found husker i'd build a box of obsidian around her, build 4 more layers with a space inbetween each layer, of obsidian, fill those empty layers with lava, build an obsidian cube, fill it with water and then hoist it in mid air. Try killing her then.

I love the new hard core server esp that creepers do object damage now - its so much better. I've not had anyone try to kill me yet but then I've not actually run into anyone while on the sever either. Its fun join and play :)

I spend almost all my time playing Minecraft in the Hardcore server.  I'm surviving with 101_Boss_101 and we have multiple bases and a back-up stash in case we get raided.  

What causes the thrill of the game for me?

1) I haven't been threatened by another player yet (although reading above, I see I would easily be killed or targeted by some of you ;) )

2) Just staying alive while surviving adds a whole level of complexity.  I'm not usually one who dies in survival, but for some reason I'm extra guarded in Hardcore.

3) I love throwing empty threats at players who collect a lot of stuff.  Like "I'm gonna get you, my pretties."  --> That makes me the Wicked Witch of the West :)

4) This post has lost focus because I'm getting a lot of messages in other chats right now....you all know I can't multi-task well.

5) I just love Hardcore!  Woot!

TL;DR - Hardcore is good and I hope you all come play it with me.

We usually have a lot of issues with dying in survival, fortunately we have only died twice and they were to mobs. Apart from last night *cough*Husker*cough* I haven't seen anyone which has been a bit of a shame. We have moved to our second base now not because of being raided but because we wanted a better, hidden place.

We have found about 17 or 18 bases so far but tbh guys, they were not well hidden so if you do come on one tip from me is to try and blend your base into the world as much as possible and not make the area look like it has been damaged.

I'm not not sure where to set up a base because I am worried of it being found.

Just dont have it too close and dont leave obvious signs near it like a lot of bases we have found were due to torches, out of place block types etc

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.