Sign in to follow this  
NickG365

Feedback Requested: PvP in Nether on SkyBlock and Survival

We'd like to gauge whether or not anyone is interested in having PvP enabled in the Nether on SkyBlock and Survival. If this change is added, we'd ensure that you cannot fly away from PvP combat, and cannot initiate combat shortly after landing on the ground. Let us know if you'd be interested in such a change, and if you have anything to add!

I like this idea

I think a 10 second delay between landing and pvp start would be a good idea. Just in case you're just mining some quartz or glowstone minding your own business, and you turn around to someone already clicking away at you, you have time to gear your hotbar for what you need to live... or /is h out of there XD

I wouldn't want to be a new guy with no good armor or weapons though. I see /is h being instant is a good ability to use in that situation. Don't want to make it too hard for the new guys or they might not stay around.

And how about NO flying pvp at all?

I like the idea of having a PVP area but would be worried about trolls sitting just outside the only entry to the nether (or end) and gathering resources that way - would not be a fun situation at all. Maybe set up a designated area (inside the end and nether) or a specific island with a warp for it? 

i think it should be a request system, like if someone punches you it says: _____ would like to battle! then you could accept or decline

I like the idea of having a PVP area but would be worried about trolls sitting just outside the only entry to the nether (or end) and gathering resources that way - would not be a fun situation at all. Maybe set up a designated area (inside the end and nether) or a specific island with a warp for it? 

Yeah I agree. I think we should either have a request system like ninja suggested, a pvp arena or designated area like draakon suggested, or no pvp at all, because people who don't want to fight with others shouldn't be forced to.

how bout PVP in the nether/end if agreed upon by both parties?
If someone breaks this rule then the victim can take screenies, perhaps put a death message that broadcasts in server chat exclaiming that player was killed by player!

No I hate this idea.

I do not want someone randomly killing me for no reason other to steal my stuff! And when i die, i swear in chat....please don't make me do that!

Edited by Mighty_Jak

I do like the idea of the nether/end in skyblock being a high risk area to go into. Mixes things up a little bit from the norm.

At the same time Skyblock also needs Mob arenas to battle WITH other people and win other rewards... possibly 1.8 items we cant normally get since skyblock is, well, skyblock. 

Yes. I am not a PvP player by no means but to me a survival player, part of surviving is not just the enviroment but surviving your fellow man. Will they help you? Or will they lead you behind the shed? It's part of the expierence. Also having arenas would be nice also. Just designated areas that peps can PvP and know full well what they're getting into on top of the world PvP.

I am not a fan of PvP but an Arena on Survival would probably be a great idea.   Public contests....tournaments (which I have run on many servers and games)

Husker...I still have access to creative on that other server I built an arena on.  I could get screenshots and post them...see what everyone thinks?   

Went ahead and took  some shots for you guys to look at.  Originally the server I created it on it was designed for specifically PvP and zoning it specifically just for Pv inside the arena floor.  Take a peek....let me know what you all think.

http://imgur.com/a/lqd9d#0

Edited by Sullear

I am all for pvp on skyblock in the nether. Here is my reasoning:

Each reset of the nether and end on skyblock there is always a big influx of players rushing through going to all the nether fortress to raid, and they can all be emptyed really fast. With the introduction of pvp, there is a risk factor to it, and can make those items stretch to more players, but as well pose a risk the longer you're there as you could lose your newly gained loot. Would also gives some value to items from the nether which would not be a bad thing either ;)

Went ahead and took  some shots for you guys to look at.  Originally the server I created it on it was designed for specifically PvP and zoning it specifically just for Pv inside the arena floor.  Take a peek....let me know what you all think.

http://imgur.com/a/lqd9d#0

idk if I am a big fan of just an empty small flat pvp area as an arena, and there is too much cobble and gravel for my liking, but it has a nice shape. I think if we do something in the nature of adding a public pvp arena to survival like we did skyblock that it should be a little more involved like the skyblock one.