Sign in to follow this  
NickG365

Feedback Requested: Ender Dragon Respawn Times

We'd like to gather some feedback on Ender Dragon respawns, specifically how often, when, and how to announce it. There are a few ideas that we have in mind, but we're open to consider any others that are brought up as well. We'll probably aim for a respawn once per week, ideally in a way that isn't on a specific day or time, to give everyone an equal chance to take part in the fight, regardless of their normal schedule.

One idea that we'd like to consider is respawning the Ender Dragon once every 8 days. This could either be on a timer, so that it spawns exactly 8 days (and possibly some number of hours) after the last kill, or it could be done at a specific time on that day. This allows the spawn times to be predetermined and announced ahead of time.

Another idea is having it spawn at a completely random time each week, and announcing it immediately when it does. This system would determine the spawn time at the beginning of the week, and just trigger it at the right moment. (Another option, however, is to not predetermine the time, but instead to have a chance of happening during any given hour, which would increase as the week goes on, until it actually spawns.)

Which would you prefer? The ability to plan and prepare for the fight ahead of time, or the excitement of being able to take part in something spontaneous and random?  Or do you have another idea altogether? Let us know!

I'm voting for random time each week with announcement! 

And set pvp in the end on at the same time until it's dead 

I think it'd be VERY interesting XD

Another idea is having it spawn at a completely random time each week, and announcing it immediately when it does. This system would determine the spawn time at the beginning of the week, and just trigger it at the right moment. (Another option, however, is to not predetermine the time, but instead to have a chance of happening during any given hour, which would increase as the week goes on, until it actually spawns.)

I vote for this one.

A solid time seems fair,  However, when we start to get more players there may have to be two times, so that it is fair for people internationally.

Lets say like 5 or 6 PM  Cause everyone out of school by then.

I guess randomly , you should make it say in chat "The dragon egg is hatching! Prepare for a fight!"

I like this idea with a short countdown timer....like:

"The dragon egg is hatching in 10 minutes! Gather your allies. The fight is about to begin!"

Hmm, what I'd like to see is a random encounter that is decided at least a day prior to the spawning, so that people have a day to get ready/ make sure they are able to be there. Maybe let it be an event on the calendar or announce it in the chat.

Hmm, what I'd like to see is a random encounter that is decided at least a day prior to the spawning, so that people have a day to get ready/ make sure they are able to be there. Maybe let it be an event on the calendar or announce it in the chat.

A day?  o- o

A day?  o- o

Yes, a day. Not all people are available 24/7 so giving them a day not as much to prepare in MC but also to prepare in real life. Suppose the dragon would spawn just 20 minutes after you would normally stop playing mc, by knowing a day beforehand you could spend the extra time. By doing it a day beforehand you do not discriminate between different time zones.

You could have it be every week but say one week is one time then the next time another just so people who cant make it one week can maybe make it the next week. Maybe take a vote for times?

Edited by Gsdcs

I was wondering if this subject should be brought up again? Since it's only 1 time each month that it spawns. Which seems to be to few

Either revive this thread or make another one :) ?

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.