pokeball92870

[SUGGESTION] Rebrand the Creative Server

Now before we start, I'm not going to be dropping hate on the old creative server, just my own personal criticism on it's repetition. OK, let's begin.

I have an idea for the creative server to not only make it more fun and enjoyable, but to create a cooler experience for the creative builders of PickAxis.

The creative server, as is, is a basic, grid, plotme world, that can be seen in many Networks today. My idea is to not change this, but add onto it. Now sit back and prepare for a long read.

Personally, PickAxis is one of my favorite servers, but the creative server is personally a server I don't pay much attention to; simply, the same kind of plot-experience is seen anywhere around the Minecraft community. My idea to further advance the creative server is give it a WoK-like-twist- as in create a world that is apply to build only- but keep the plots in a seperate world where new builders can show off their skills to staff rather than going online to submit pictures of what they've built. Create a new system of ranks seperating prestigious builders from simple, new builders to ones who've been accepted to build in the application-exclusive world. With this system, it not only allows people to easily collaborate to create amazing massive structures, but it gives great builders the freedoms of space, simplicity, and spam. By implementing a new server for approved builders, you are essentially giving the people who've proved themselves a greater reward by allowing them to work together to make a map beautiful.

Even better, builders can come together to make fabulous structure that you can show off to attract newer, better builders!

Now, if given the green-light (which I doubt) the task of setting up the plugins and creating a new, fool-proof system will definitely take much time. So, I've laid out some guidelines/suggestions in which you could go by if you so happen to approve of this idea-

New players to the creative server are sent to the spawn, showing off the server's best builds and laying out the rules to the players. Upon going through spawn, you are taken to a rules-quiz room in which you must answer questions pertaining to the rules in order to actually get the ability to apply for building on the main world. If one passes this stage, they become a new builder, made distinct by a rank simply named [builder] and limited access to parts of the server.

[builder]'s after this are given basic permissions, like the ability to chat and creative mode, etc. The new builders are then sent into a portal room bearing two portals- one to the main world, and one to the trial world.

The trial world is the world in which builders claim a new plot to apply and be able to build in the main world, a place where approved builders can go together and create great structures. All builds built in the trial world should be built on plots to give the impression of building with detail, and not neccessarily in size or quantity. This allows the people who judge these builds (most likely builders or staff) to actually see the detail that the new [builder]'s are capable of.

If a judge finds a builder's build to be worthy of the server, the [builder] is given new sets of permissions and a new rank, beaing the calling card of being approved to build in the main world. By now, this builder should be known in the creative community by other main world builders, so that the new and the old can get along well.

----------------- Everything past this mark is simply beyond the previous statements. ----------------------------

If a main world builder is proven to be well known amongst the community (and the staff), all the while possessing great building skill, that person should be promoted further. At this controversial rank, this person shall gain a new rank perfix, along with new permissions, like the ability to setwarps or even WorldEdit to further deepen their impact on the server as a whole. These people should also be given the ability to build in a world exclusive to that rank. All builds in this world should be expected to look amazing, as it should be pretty difficult to gain this position of prestige and respect in the commmunity.

That's really as far as I have gotten on this new idea. Drop a like if you support this, and add on by commenting below. I hope this is green-lit, but I understand how hard this would be for a server developer, me myself setting up and writing plugins before (which I simply do not have the time for anymore). I feel this idea has serious potential if taken seriously. It's up to you guys to really expose and exploit the potential that I speak of. That's all for now.

CYA-

pokeball92870

EDIT 1: Spelling FIXES

Edited by pokeball92870

Impressive thinking.  Thank you for your thoughts.

This really encourages people to achieve by building, which is something we are currently lacking on the creative server.

I will discuss this with NickG365 when we talk next.

We really like the idea of having an open world on Creative, while still having restrictions on who can access it. We discussed this a bit today, and want to get some feedback on our idea of how to implement this. (Keep in mind that this is still an idea, and subject to change, delays, or complete and utter annihilation.)

What about having three worlds -- one being the plot world we have now, another being a flat land world that anyone can get build access to for a certain amount of tokens, and the last being a natural terrain world that would require some sort of application to be able to build in. We'd want to encourage collaboration in the open worlds, so we probably wouldn't offer region protection. However, we would track changes with a logging plugin to rollback any griefing that may occur. We'd enforce a zero-tolerance policy for griefing in the open worlds, where any player who is griefing will have their access from both open worlds permanently revoked.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Have anything to add? Let us know!

There are parts that I like and dislike about ideas of both pokeball and nickG lets start with the pokeball suggestions

1. I don't like the quiz, although it's probably one of the less important things about your post if people mean harm they can't do much anyways because of plots. Why delay the fun? I would rather have an Accept terms command or force people to have a pickaxis.com account if you insist on anything close.

2. Really small remark: The current rank "Builder" is used to see who's actually making maps for the people on the server to use. This is of course not that much of a problem but that does mean that does mean that one of the names would have to change (to something like "starter" for the creative server or "map maker" for the current builders)

3. As a fanatic builder myself I would rather not see people without any World edit permissions even in judging phase since it can really improve builds a lot and make people not get bored simply because it's taking too long.

4. I actually do really like the idea of a trial world and if anything like that happens I would love to judge.

5. Just repeating that world edit is not only needed at the highest rank, I wouldn't even participate in a build contest without it.

6. I don't think a prestige world is needed. I would rather have judges pick builds to put in a separate world since than it's always a fun challenge to try to get a build in the gallery world since no one will have guarantee. I would also put the winners from build contests in this "gallery" world.

An now for NickG

1. I like the idea of having multiple worlds with multiple styles. I don't see why the flat world would be needed though since the plot world is actually a nicer version of it. I would rather have people spending tokens on new plots.

2. I didn't see the words World Edit in your post and well... You probably know by now how I think about it

3. There will always be grievers and rollbacks are not perfect. Back when paradise existed we always had trouble with rollbacks since there are ways to dodge the possibility to do them or even ways to grief without getting caught with them. Also people tend to ruin stuff by accident here an example: When still on paradise I made a huge temple with one water source spreading across the whole thing. If anyone would update it by accident it would have cost me hours. But that's just one of many things. People are a lot of times building with a plan and need a certain area for it. If there would be no way of claiming someone else could start a build too close or use the area, since they don't know what someone is building. Protections would also not stop collabs since people could add others to their stuff. without protections people could also "help" on builds while the owner wouldn't want help at that moment. This actually causes unintentional grief.

4. The thing I really liked about pokeballs idea is that it rewards players for amazing builds. I would have way more fun building in a world where I could get my build showcased or anything like that.

And now for something completely different! Well actually not really... these are my ideas:

I would love 3 worlds:

1. Trial/spawn

2. The main build world

3. The trophy world

They are pretty self explanatory but I will go in further detail anyway,

1. A world where you join the first time explaining the system and how you can get perms for the other world. Besides that you get 1 plot in this world when done with this plot you get it judged with 2 possible outcomes:
a. You get perms for the main build world. This would also mean that your plot that got you there would be featured in a special part of the trophy world called "promotion builds" or something like that. Quite a high level of building is expected for this.

b. Your plot isn't good enough and you wont be allowed in to the main world... But no worries! you can use tokens to get new plots for extra attempts.

2. A world where everyone accepted can get 3 plots and one more for every plot finished. People can clear their plots though so no need to finish fails. If a plot is amazing it gets put in the Trophy world in a special part called "Creative miracles" or something like that

3. A world where previous worlds are showcased. In this world there is also a place to look at the build contest winners

further things that need to be there:

1. World edit in both building world with carefully selected perms

2. UNEVEN PLOTS yes, this is actually really important even plots are the devil. It makes world editing more difficult and various symmetrical builds impossible. Uneven things also just look nicer in minecraft.

3. different plot sizes would be cool for the main building world (being able to chose between 99x99, 199,199 or 399,399(smallest costing one of your plots middle size 2 biggest 3)

I might throw some more thoughts here but this is it for now ;)

I know this is all preliminary, but what about options for really, like really really, big builds. For example, if someone wanted to build a city, or just something really absolutely enormous. While the plots could get really big, could they get big enough for an entire city? Or, for example, 9monkey's cathedral.

This is just a question if the previously stated got implemented. And even if it doesn't it's still a question about the current plots ;)

Hmmm... You all have great answers. Before you continue, let's get this straight that if I disagree with you, you are not wrong. It's just my personal opinions. Slap an IMO in front of all my sentences and we are good to go. Now, let's interpret one by one so I can answer everybody's questions, eh?

one problem i see unless i read it wrong is it makes griefing SUPER easy. is it an open world or still plots? im confused. would it be too much trouble for someone to sum it up for me?

There are many plugins that can easily be implemented to stop this, such as LogBlock or CoreProtect (which, if I still know my stuff, should be able to do WE rollback). Other than that, there is no region-based protection in my original idea. (With the exception of A. You aren't a person who's been accepted via the trials and you go into the post-trial world or B. plots)

What about having three worlds -- one being the plot world we have now, another being a flat land world that anyone can get build access to for a certain amount of tokens, and the last being a natural terrain world that would require some sort of application to be able to build in. We'd want to encourage collaboration in the open worlds, so we probably wouldn't offer region protection. However, we would track changes with a logging plugin to rollback any griefing that may occur. We'd enforce a zero-tolerance policy for griefing in the open worlds, where any player who is griefing will have their access from both open worlds permanently revoked.

I foresaw that deviation would come right away. Let's get some things straight:

The concept I had created called for plot worlds becoming multi-purpose. Creation and next-rank application.

You didn't seem to mention anything pertaining to the "trial" in your comment, it seems. My original idea was that the plot worlds serve as a trial world too.

The old plot world could definitely be kept if a new world was created just for trials. The coin and flat land world also seems promising too; could give real server supporters a reward for their support and voting.

Other than that, you were just about in line with anything else I said.

OK, big comment: leggo!

There are parts that I like and dislike about ideas of both pokeball and nickG lets start with the pokeball suggestions

1. I don't like the quiz, although it's probably one of the less important things about your post if people mean harm they can't do much anyways because of plots. Why delay the fun? I would rather have an Accept terms command or force people to have a pickaxis.com account if you insist on anything close.

2. Really small remark: The current rank "Builder" is used to see who's actually making maps for the people on the server to use. This is of course not that much of a problem but that does mean that does mean that one of the names would have to change (to something like "starter" for the creative server or "map maker" for the current builders)

3. As a fanatic builder myself I would rather not see people without any World edit permissions even in judging phase since it can really improve builds a lot and make people not get bored simply because it's taking too long.

4. I actually do really like the idea of a trial world and if anything like that happens I would love to judge.

5. Just repeating that world edit is not only needed at the highest rank, I wouldn't even participate in a build contest without it.

6. I don't think a prestige world is needed. I would rather have judges pick builds to put in a separate world since than it's always a fun challenge to try to get a build in the gallery world since no one will have guarantee. I would also put the winners from build contests in this "gallery" world.

1. Ahh, an objection with the quiz. After some thought behind it, yeah I don't really like it either. BUT, that acceptrules command seems promising, and I've seen many plugins around having that specific purpose!

2. I'm not creative guy when it comes to rank names. The idea of the starting "Builder" was thought of with the fact that Server builders are given the prefix '&a[builder] ' (GM or PEX). That's where deviating from the main idea comes in, and you're suggestions are openly welcome. Any rank sounds good to me. :)

3. I never said that people in the judging/trial phase would have WorldEdit. Quote below.

like the ability to chat and creative mode, etc.

4. Don't be too harsh, but look for prestige :)

5. AHA, let's go back to numero numbaaa 3! I suggested that top rank "builders" (AKA, well known in community, rank above post-trial, not to be confused with SERVER BUILDERS) should have WE to top off the fact that they've hit the top level, max prestige, whatever fits the blanks. Oh, and on the second statement. This server has nothing to do with build contests, besides if Nick just so chooses to display the winners in their own world in the creative server. But just in case, let's get the quote too.

At this controversial rank, this person shall gain a new rank prefix, along with new permissions, like the ability to setwarps or even WorldEdit to further deepen their impact on the server as a whole.

6. ahh, number six. Is there any particular reason that there should be no prestige world? This world is meant for server builders and top rank builders (not to be confused with server builders, rank above post-trial). Your remarks on the gallery seem irrelevant if all we put in there are good builds and build contest winners. The objective of the prestige world is to limit the field further. All the top-notch builders, not post-trial, get a world all to themselves. It encourages a "greater great" kind of community. It MAKES you want to be up there, to collaborate with the best of the best. Let's make this simple:

The Prestige World is like what the Post-Trial world is to Post-Trial'ers. Only it's for the top rankers.

Trial-builders - No entry

Post-Trial - No entry

Post-Post-Trial - Entry

Server builders (your rank) - Entry

Staff - Entry

1. A world where you join the first time explaining the system and how you can get perms for the other world. Besides that you get 1 plot in this world when done with this plot you get it judged with 2 possible outcomes:

a. You get perms for the main build world. This would also mean that your plot that got you there would be featured in a special part of the trophy world called "promotion builds" or something like that. Quite a high level of building is expected for this.

b. Your plot isn't good enough and you wont be allowed in to the main world... But no worries! you can use tokens to get new plots for extra attempts.

2. A world where everyone accepted can get 3 plots and one more for every plot finished. People can clear their plots though so no need to finish fails. If a plot is amazing it gets put in the Trophy world in a special part called "Creative miracles" or something like that

3. A world where previous worlds are showcased. In this world there is also a place to look at the build contest winners further things that need to be there:

1. World edit in both building world with carefully selected perms

2. UNEVEN PLOTS yes, this is actually really important even plots are the devil. It makes world editing more difficult and various symmetrical builds impossible. Uneven things also just look nicer in minecraft.

3. different plot sizes would be cool for the main building world (being able to chose between 99x99, 199,199 or 399,399(smallest costing one of your plots middle size 2 biggest 3)

1. Let's add on here. You can't just have a judge plot and a "here you go" kind of statement. If the creative server is to still maintain the plot-kind of server it is right now, it needs to have... well.. a PLOT for the person. Now I know what you are thinking "wut. I just mentioned plot in the comment *insert facepalm here*" HOWEVER, you just gave that plot the intention of it being judged. What if the intention is not to be judged, but rather for simple building. All I'm trying to say is that trial'ers should still be given the ability to build, free of judge remarks. (like if you just wanted to do some redstone, but don't have time to get accepted)

1a. trophy world = gallery right? the idea to layout the builds that earn promotions is genius! it inspires trial'ers to really GO FOR IT! and it gives them ideas on what to do :D

1b. *ok so far it's goo... heyyyyy wait a minute* I've kinda developed servers enough that going to P2W (pay-to-win [in the form of tokens in this case]) measures is NOT the way to go if you are simply looking at a re-do on trials. Simply, tell them it's inadequate and what they can do to make it better. Ask about whether or not they want to start over, or continue to build and take the advice. Let's use an "oh this isn't good enough, but you can try harder" approach. It gives the server a better rep in terms of friendliness that way :D

2. Creative miracles = gallery, right? A plot world giving bigger and better plots for post-trial is definitely a good idea to go to. If you don't want your builds to be in the main, building/architecture world or if you are just simply doing redstone, then this is the way to go. However, I slightly disagree with the "3 plots and finished = more plots" notion you made. I personally think that there should be a hard limit on the amount of plots you can make, but it should be a high number of 10 or such. Everyone has their say, I'm not declaring "this or that" to be wrong whatsoever.

3. The gallery, but for worlds? I think we get it :)

2nd 1. My idea is simply giving the top rankers and above WE, no more, no less. That means they have it everywhere. This has no relations to the build contests in any way.

2nd 2. Agreed. Why haven't we done this already? No more 50 by 50s and Bird will be happy :)

2nd 3. Good idea. Nothing to say. The tokens work pretty well here.

Next question :D

I know this is all preliminary, but what about options for really, like really really, big builds. For example, if someone wanted to build a city, or just something really absolutely enormous. While the plots could get really big, could they get big enough for an entire city? Or, for example, 9monkey's cathedral. This is just a question if the previously stated got implemented. And even if it doesn't it's still a question about the current plots ;)

Big builds? Big cities? Why not build them in the main world? You can show it off to others, and allow the people you know (and have passed trials) to add on as they please. Plus, you aren't limited to current plot sizes. As for the conditions of the normal plots, since this is a new idea and it's severely controversial, why not make a new suggestions thread and get the owner ideas on it? It's how this idea got here, and it's how yours can too.

That's all I have time for (and I ran outta comments).

Tell me if you object to any statements above. I only took comments that had anything to do with deviating from the top to questions regarding the system I've suggested (sorry Husker :() Props if you got down here after that novel. Peace!

- pokeball92870

Ofcourse disagreeing is an opinion but opinions can be wrong ones! nah, just kidding. I do see your point but let me show you why there are still some things in your statement that I would love to change ;)

here are many plugins that can easily be implemented to stop this, such as LogBlock or CoreProtect

Unfortunately these plugins aren't perfect. Besides that, people have to catch the right staff online to fix stuff for them. This can mean that they can't work on their stuff for a while which might be annoying.

3. I never said that people in the judging/trial phase would have World Edit. Quote below.

I know. But that was exactly the part that I didn't like. I want EVERY rank to have world edit. Since it can't cause much harm and it improves build quality. Example: In my latest build for the winter build contest the plot was symmetrical in a way that I only had to create 1/8 of the plot. This still took me a lot of hours lets say 15 for this example so it would have taken me around 120 hours of building without world edit! Of course this number is no where close to exact but you get the idea.

This server has nothing to do with build contests,

Well although this is about a different world it does not mean that we can't. The buildcontest is actually extremely relevant to the creative one and I have no clue why this would be a reason to exclude amazing stuff people build from being able to be seen after a contest is over in an extremely relevant world.

Is there any particular reason that there should be no prestige world?

YES, maybe I didn't word it too well. What I meant is that the challenge to get there is a lot of fun... BUT when you are "prestige" you wouldn't have that much of a drive anymore to build top notch stuff since you already achieved a guarantee of getting your build displayed in the coolest world. This is why I would rather have a gallery with the truly amazing builds. I actually don't mind giving people a higher rank for getting builds in the gallery though.

Trial-builders - No entry Post-Trial - No entry Post-Post-Trial - Entry Server builders (your rank) - Entry Staff - Entry

Going back to my previous statement I would rather see:

Trial world: only people who arent accepted yet can build here

Main building world:  Only accepted can build here with the previous explained token system (These plot tokens can NOT be gained true tokens or money only with completing previous ones)

Gallery/trophy (same thing): No one can build here. Only showcases amazing stuff creating the most amazing world you will ever see (also since every build in this world will be done)

*ok so far it's goo... heyyyyy wait a minute* I've kinda developed servers enough that going to P2W (pay-to-win [in the form of tokens in this case])

This is not even close to P2W a bad builder could make 100+ plots and not get in a good builder would most likely only need the first "free" one. Also do remember that tokens can be gained trough things like voting or building contest which are both free and promote the server.

"3 plots and finished = more plots" notion you made. I personally think that there should be a hard limit on the amount of plots you can make

Why? Using my method only completely finished plots gets you more plots. This prevent people from unnecessary plot claiming. I actually strongly DISAGREE with a plot limit since after a while I would have 10 amazing plots but I wouldn't be allowed to continue building on this server?

2nd 1. My idea is simply giving the top rankers and above WE, no more, no less. That means they have it everywhere. This has no relations to the build contests in any way.

I hope it's clear by now EVERYONE needs world edit... Of course I could get it. But that doesn't matter to me I was lucky to join the fun early on, but I want people that are equally as good as me to not have restrictions even when it's just the beginning.

for really, like really really, big builds. For example, if someone wanted to build a city, or just something really absolutely enormous. While the plots could get really big, could they get big enough for an entire city?

Yes, don't underestimate a 399x399 plot. Remember the build contest plots? They are 150 x 150 (22500 B^2) a 399x399 plot (159201 B^2) is around 7 times that size!

I agree with you guys on the most part. As for the world edit topic, I agree with bird that WE is a very usefull tool and if the commands are considered thoroughly this should be no problem for grief or server lag. What I deem the best world situation is a three world system, as bird suggested, however with some small changes.

1. the first world, a plot creative world (functions as birds' trial world) however in this world everyone can build and with a special command (f.i. /plot trial) you can ask a judge to look at your plot. This will allow for people to just build in a plotworld and for people to gain their "promotion". More plots can be bought here with tokens.
  2. world 2: a normal (survival) world with creative for people, people allowed on this will have more advanced  WE (also for plot worlds) including a higher block limit and some more complex commands (such as brushes, perhaps even voxel)
  3. world 3: the trophy/gallery world as stated before

I agree with you guys on the most part. As for the world edit topic, I agree with bird that WE is a very usefull tool and if the commands are considered thoroughly this should be no problem for grief or server lag. What I deem the best world situation is a three world system, as bird suggested, however with some small changes.

1. the first world, a plot creative world (functions as birds' trial world) however in this world everyone can build and with a special command (f.i. /plot trial) you can ask a judge to look at your plot. This will allow for people to just build in a plotworld and for people to gain their "promotion". More plots can be bought here with tokens.
  2. world 2: a normal (survival) world with creative for people, people allowed on this will have more advanced  WE (also for plot worlds) including a higher block limit and some more complex commands (such as brushes, perhaps even voxel)
  3. world 3: the trophy/gallery world as stated before

If I understand correctly:

World 1 is the current plot world we have right now with the addition of plot judging for the second world.

World 2 is a defualt world type (not flat or plots) that gives access to everyone but only those approved can place blocks and access to creative and W/E.

World 3 is a showcase world for contest winners and other neat builds.

If I understand SCNick correctly than I believe his idea is the most optimal solution. Regular Joe's who want to make a neighborhood with their friend -> World 1. People serious about building and wanting to collaborate with others -> World 2.

Collaboration in creative servers is mostly gone. It's hard to find a creative server that dosn't take the easy route and use plots. I just want to thank the staff team for their willingness to make PickAxis a truly different kind of server.

reply time!

Unfortunately these plugins aren't perfect. Besides that, people have to catch the right staff online to fix stuff for them. This can mean that they can't work on their stuff for a while which might be annoying.

Bird, you are not explaining to me how these plugins are imperfect. And I'm actually quite confused on how you are commenting on the state of the staff. Last time I heard, staff members are supposed to comply despite how much they really want to do something else (it's their job, right?). By saying that staff are simply not going to have enough time to do whatever they want because people are reporting grief seems very, very, very out of place if a server like this has good staff. While LogBlock helps with individual blocks, CoreProtect logs WE changes and allows you to revert WE's, unlike LB.

I know. But that was exactly the part that I didn't like. I want EVERY rank to have world edit. Since it can't cause much harm and it improves build quality. Example: In my latest build for the winter build contest the plot was symmetrical in a way that I only had to create 1/8 of the plot. This still took me a lot of hours lets say 15 for this example so it would have taken me around 120 hours of building without world edit! Of course this number is no where close to exact but you get the idea.

You say it can't cause harm, are you even considering the cons here? By saying any rank, even pre-trial and post-trial should have WE, you are basically giving STRANGERS a LAG TOOL. I'm not saying that WE doesn't help in building, because it surely does. HOWEVER, there are pretty sick-minded people on the internet, especially in child-oriented communities like Minecraft. By giving WE only to those who have proved themselves to be great builders and companions, you are giving WE to those who DESERVE it. Oh, and your comment about the buildcontest seems a bit irrelevant, beacuse you are only stating how it helped you. You are not backing up how this would help the creative server, besides saying that it is a build tool that allows for efficiency. Think about the ranks below yours.

Well although this is about a different world it does not mean that we can't. The buildcontest is actually extremely relevant to the creative one and I have no clue why this would be a reason to exclude amazing stuff people build from being able to be seen after a contest is over in an extremely relevant world.

You are imposing a one-sided POV here by not finishing my quote in that sentence. I said that Nick can choose to make a gallery world displaying the BC winners. I never JUST said that it has nothing to do with the BC's. Also, you are lacking explanations behind your statements, again.

YES, maybe I didn't word it too well. What I meant is that the challenge to get there is a lot of fun... BUT when you are "prestige" you wouldn't have that much of a drive anymore to build top notch stuff since you already achieved a guarantee of getting your build displayed in the coolest world. This is why I would rather have a gallery with the truly amazing builds. I actually don't mind giving people a higher rank for getting builds in the gallery though.

And once again, you disagree but you don't consider the pros. I feel that you are not completely understanding me, or you are just skipping across my message to anything that seems like I'm disagreeing to you (I feel a bit offended if the later is true). The original idea behind the prestige world is to show off the best of the best, but free of any risks of grief that may occur in the preceding world. You are basically stating what I'm stating, but you are limiting the freedom of the ones who deserve recognition. You are taking one idea and replacing it with something irrelevant in the first place. Your idea of gallery (displaying good builds/BC winners) is different from my idea of a prestige world (a non-plot, natural landscape world free of post-trial builds/griefing that can be built upon with builds that exceed expectation). Until you give me valid reasons on why a prestige world is non-beneficial besides this (rude) commenting on why yours is better, I'm going to continue to disagree with your statements. We can go all night if you wish.

Gallery/trophy (same thing): No one can build here. Only showcases amazing stuff creating the most amazing world you will ever see (also since every build in this world will be done)

I don't disagree with the gallery at all. You are actually shunning my idea of a prestige world with a lack of explanation, and that makes me feel offended too. Why don't you argue both sides next time you decide to disagree with me? Consider and describe the pros, and state how the cons are more important, vice versa.

This is not even close to P2W a bad builder could make 100+ plots and not get in a good builder would most likely only need the first "free" one. Also do remember that tokens can be gained trough things like voting or building contest which are both free and promote the server.

If you are encouraging the collection of tokens in order to advance, you are basically suggesting P2W. Now, now, now, I know you can get tokens by voting, but by requiring someone to obtain tokens by voting or donating is basically P2W. A person should be able to have access to unlimited tries until they get it right. We have to consider all skill groups if we talk Minecraft server. Now, P2W definitely benefits the server, mostly because you either A) profit from a donation for tokens or B) attract a greater audience via voting. But think about being in a lower-skilled builder's shoes. You wouldn't want to vote EVERY SINGLE TIME you want another shot at trials. I wouldn't at least.

Why? Using my method only completely finished plots gets you more plots. This prevent people from unnecessary plot claiming. I actually strongly DISAGREE with a plot limit since after a while I would have 10 amazing plots but I wouldn't be allowed to continue building on this server?

Hey, I want unlimited plots too. However, I suggested a hard limit because it completely eliminates the threat of what you just said, "unnecessary plot claiming." You are actually self-incriminating yourself, if you haven't noticed. I don't know if you know this, but there is really no way to track whether or not a plot is finished w/o manual staff labor. One can simple /plot finish and /plot auto until they have gone through dozens of plots. Now, if your concern is whether or not you will have enough time to do what you want on the server, I suggest you don't argue w/ me.

I hope it's clear by now EVERYONE needs world edit... Of course I could get it. But that doesn't matter to me I was lucky to join the fun early on, but I want people that are equally as good as me to not have restrictions even when it's just the beginning.

No, it's not clear to me. It's not clear at all. Until you consider the cons about WE (grief by mass destruction, grief by mass placing, lag) then I will not get your statement. Also, by saying things like "as good as me" is very selfish, even if you don't see it. You are ONLY thinking about yourself and your equivalents (staff builders and people who actually use WE correctly). Listen to what I have to say- WE, while it is huge for efficiency and I would DEFINITELY love to see it, poses a threat that in worst case scenarios require map backups to roll back. Not everyone knows how to use WE correctly, and there's a percentage of people who know how to use it for evil. There are people that actually have to deal with grief (staff and victim) when it happens, and you are not recognizing this.

Oh, and I did not say that last quote. Bird, you need to think about why you are disagreeing with me in the first place, rather than saying that your idea is better than mine and shunning it. You need to recognize the pros that I try to bring to this creative server vision. You are not doing this. I find it rude and offensive.

First of all, I will never offend any one and am truly sorry if you felt offended. My style of replying isn't always too subtle. Saw your comments and actually got out of bed (2am here) to reply.

I was actually working on one of those long quote replies we have been doing but it took to long and I simply don't have the time now. If you want you can add me on skype (im-a-bird(nathan joseph)) so I can actually explain stuff more clearly though or we could just get on the Teamspeak sometime. 

I don't feel like repeating myself and most of your comments can actually be answered by just reading my previous statements. The ones that can't I will try to explain quickly below.

• Plugins/rollbacks take time from not only staff but also the people building this was what I was referring to.
  • You are calling my ideas "Irrelevant" and are calling me rude? I found my explanation quite clear.
    What I meant is that the challenge to get there is a lot of fun... BUT when you are "prestige" you wouldn't have that much of a drive anymore to build top notch stuff since you already achieved a guarantee of getting your build displayed in the coolest world.
  • You can set block limits to WE and every "lag machine" made with WE could also be made by hand. I want no risk of grief in ANY world.
  • I'm not listing pros and cons since I don't have that much time and since I don't see benefits from a prestige world. Again if you want a list of pros and cons add me on skype because I'm not spending hours typing
  • I never said that judging if something is finished shouldn't be done manually and this would take close to no time if people mark their plots with a command saying they are done so a staff member can check it out
  • I'm actually not asking any tokens to advance. I ask tokens for more than one try. Also look at ScNicknamers idea as well since I'm okay with that as well
  • I did get this rank with a reason I'm not stating that I'm amazing I'm stating that everyone that can build well should have the same rights and preferably the ones that can't build well as well!
  • Why would I name pros? I would rather comment on the parts that are lacking stuff. I'm not here to compliment your idea I'm here to try to find a world that works well and is fun. My idea is actually your idea but worked out in a way that I see fit.

Pls for further explanation add me on skype since I don't think I can make my ideas understandable for you just by typing.

Hugs,

-Bird

P.S. You find it rude and offensive that I'm not explaining stuff in the following way?: I like giving people a reason to build good for. I don't think a prestige world is the way to do this though. Although I like how much thought you spend on it but it has some things that I would rather see differently since when you get to the prestige world there will be no pressure anymore to build amazing stuff anymore and people could start using this world just to mess around a bit with some redstone while this world should be showcasing the best builders work. I also like the idea of everyone having equal rights since it can actually affect the builds themselves. Things like landscaping can take multiple hours to do well in WE this would take hundreds of hours to do by hand though so it wouldn't be fair to those not having the perms since some builds become close to impossible. I also really like your idea of a place where you can see the best builds but this all is why I suggest a gallery build instead.... etc. this takes ages and might make you understand stuff better and find me less rude and offensive but I don't have the time and don't feel like typing this way since this took around 200 words and I wasn't even done... Besides all of this I find it kinda rude and offensive to call me "rude and offensive"

If it's anyone who should be apologizing, it should be me. I got too mad, and I completely lost my deviating philosophy. Apologies and forgive me for making you go out of bed. You aren't rude nor offensive. I lost my mind for a bit tbh. Thanks for the subtle reply, made me realize I'm doing this wrong. No need for skype or TS, cya later mate :P

I feel like a dick.

Don't get bird wrong pokeball, your idea was good, but the way bird argues is taking the things that aren't perfect yet and tries to improve that. He is stating his own version of your idea based on his own preferences and merely altering some of the flaws he sees in your idea.

*read pretty much all of it. But may have skimmed a few of the latest posts*

I think this is a great idea to have a more structured system for the creative world/s. 

We would be able to give credit where it is due to the many talented builders of Pickaxis. 

Great discussion and deliberation on all accounts too btw. It's great to see everyone working together in order to benefit the server :)

I probably have been pretty inactive in the community, but I definitely like the idea. My only concern is some people are not the best builders, or use creative as kind of a testing world, meaning that they might stay in the trial world. And with the mention of WoK (because I'm a huge fan of Keralis and is a major inspiration to me), can we get a plot styled creative and an actual Minecraft generated terrain build world? I think that would really add a whole new depth to the creative server. +1 to Poke's idea

I probably have been pretty inactive in the community, but I definitely like the idea. My only concern is some people are not the best builders, or use creative as kind of a testing world, meaning that they might stay in the trial world. And with the mention of WoK (because I'm a huge fan of Keralis and is a major inspiration to me), can we get a plot styled creative and an actual Minecraft generated terrain build world? I think that would really add a whole new depth to the creative server. +1 to Poke's idea

Yep, that was in the original idea :D a plot world + the post-trial world (after you get accepted in apps)

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.