Dansors

What's the story behind your name?

Well, I am a monster, and I prefer to be called "Mr" Chris, so yeah. 

Lol Jk, I really wanted the name "MrChris", but it was taken, so I took the first name that came to mind. It also has to do a little with my instagram name.

My name comes from 3 things. 1 thing, if you've ever read the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, you'll know what an automatan is. Automatans are kinda like mechanical puppets. Part of the reason behind my MC name! The other reason is that I have some weird enjoyment of having clocks in my room, very light-hearted at that, and I'm pupaphobic. Pupaphobia is being afraid of PUPPETS. Dear gosh the irony.

Then the reason behind my Pickaxis/Steam name is from Homestuck, (A webcomic) But also because I used ANVILS to the max when they came out. I had enchanted flowers that would 3 shot people! So, I chose Hephaestus off the Greek God of the Forge. (If you prefer, it's Vulcan from Roman Mythology)

Edited by Hephaestus

My name comes from 3 things. 1 thing, if you've ever read the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, you'll know what an automatan is. Automatans are kinda like mechanical puppets. Part of the reason behind my MC name! The other reason is that I have some weird enjoyment of having clocks in my room, very light-hearted at that, and I'm pupaphobic. Pupaphobia is being afraid of PUPPETS. Dear gosh the irony.

Then the reason behind my Pickaxis/Steam name is from Homestuck, (A webcomic) But also because I used ANVILS to the max when they came out. I had enchanted flowers that would 3 shot people! So, I chose Hephaestus off the Greek God of the Forge. (If you prefer, it's Vulcan from Roman Mythology)

I'm terrified of puppets too... they just creep me out, especially the ones that can blink. It's too human like for me to enjoy them... 

Edited by Seagull195

Fairly_Devious isn't my first Minecraft handle. Swordbird23 was my first. I'll explain both, since I have the time.

Swordbird = I had just finished reading a book by the same name, which was written by a teen about my age. It was about birds with swords and I found it REALLY COOL. 23 = My lucky number. :B

Fairly_Devious was a username my mom suggested. It IS quite interesting, isn't it? B)

Chipping in to prevent this topic from dying!

The name "onevibe" is one of my Minecraft accounts. It has been most frequently used since 2012 to separate myself from what you are viewed as in a position of control, after running a rather large community at the time. Some of those players are still around today - this makes me happy.

The name derives from a visit in Spain where I had a hunt for a good hit FM station on-going during the vacation. The hunt seemed to have paid off, and resulted in the finding of "Vibe FM" - but having a rented car that reset its radio sometimes when starting it, I memorized the name of it, and thus "the one vibe" was born when I came home when looking for an alternative name for the game :)

Fairly_Devious isn't my first Minecraft handle. Swordbird23 was my first. I'll explain both, since I have the time.

Swordbird = I had just finished reading a book by the same name, which was written by a teen about my age. It was about birds with swords and I found it REALLY COOL. 23 = My lucky number. :B

Fairly_Devious was a username my mom suggested. It IS quite interesting, isn't it? B)

... we both have the same lucky number

awww yeah B)

pokeball92870

Well when I first got Minecraft, I was playing Pokemon a ton. I was also obsessed with all the different kinds of pokeballs in the game, hence- pokeball

and 92870? That was my first password I ever used, and I have given it slight variation as the years have gone by. It's also my ZIP code... which was stupid to choose :P.

I had just bought my PS3 (first gen) as all my friends had so we could all go to one of their houses to play Resistance Fall of Man. Everyone signed up on PSN accept me at this point. So when i finally did, i had no idea what to do and handed the controller over to one of them. It's noteworthy to add the South Park episode where apparently everyone was taking the words that Chef used for "house" was pretty recent and still on my friends mind. He goes along saying "well your initials are KG... you're in my house... so what rhymes with your initials... kg.. kg... kg in the house... kg in da heezy... i'm taking out the spaces". And he tossed the controller back at me and I hit the accept button. XD

So it wasn't even my decision to begin with but it stuck with all games and accounts from then on. ;D 

Edited by kgindaheezy

I got the name Jak from a video game called Jak and Dexture.

I really liked the game so...that's were i got the name Jak from.

I thought it was Jak and Daxter, but ok.

anyways, I used to really like to Boo enemies from Mario... also ninjas. so I thought "ninjaboo sounds alright."

But guess what?

It was taken.

so I then thought, instead of boo, why not bou? (as in "caribou"). So I ended up going with that

Uh, I chose "King" because.... I like being in charge.... and obviously I gotta say King of something... so I thought of some things and they were taken so I just chose "lols" cus I obviously thought I was funny at that time... (and I still do xD)

The name Silas means "man of the woods" depending on where you look. Solo being alone. solosilas= lonely man of the woods.

I always thought it was kind of poetic

The last reply to this thread was posted over 30 days ago. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.